Webinar: Confronting Challenges to Student Voting
As the election draws nearer, faculty may have specific issues to walk through regarding student voter suppression and protecting the election. Gideon Epstein, Election Protection Organizing Fellow at the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, and Sean Morales-Doyle, deputy director in the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice, will discuss strategies for overcoming voting barriers, particularly those that affect student voters. We will cover how to make sure mail-ballots are counted, how to guarantee students are able to vote in-person if they so choose, and how to troubleshoot specific student voting obstacles.
Date: Thursday, October 22nd, 3 PM – 4 PM ET
Read our newsletters:
- National Voter Education Week Issue 5, Oct. 9
- National Voter Education Week Issue 4, Oct. 8
- National Voter Education Week Issue 3, Oct. 7
- National Voter Education Week Issue 2, Oct. 6
- National Voter Education Week Issue 1, Oct. 5
- September 29, 2020
- September 22, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- August 5, 2020
- July 22, 2020
Watch our webinars:
- October 7: “A Role for Everyone: Multidisciplinary Faculty Engagement in Election 2020” with Nancy Thomas of the Institute for Democracy and Higher Education.
- October 1: “Science is Rising: STEM and Election 2020” with Melissa Varga and Raena Garcia of the Union of Concerned Scientists.
- September 24: “Faculty Organizing in the Digital Age” with Dan Xie of Student PIRGs and Allison Rank of SUNY Oswego
- September 3: “Faculty Network, Back-to-School Kickoff” led by Steering Committee
- August 13 : “Student Voting Rights and the 26th Amendment” with Yael Bromberg
Connect with us: