Sign the Faculty Letter in Support of H.R.1
Two SSN scholars, Peggy James and Michael Evans from University of Wisconsin and Georgia State University, respectively, have authored a faculty letter in support of the For The People Act (also known as H.R. 1 or S. 1) because of its positive effects on youth voters. SSN has partnered with the Andrew Goodman Foundation to support this letter on behalf of U.S. college professors.
What you can do: add your name by signing the letter today and help us reach 1,000 signatures. The body of the letter is included below. Please share with colleagues as well!
This April, FacNet celebrated our Spring Retreat. In case you missed it, check out our FacNet Retreat Folder which consists of:
- Videos of Recorded Sessions – note that only specific sections were recorded while the discussion-based sections had notetakers.
- Notes from Discussion Sessions
- Chat Commentary / Links
Session Breakdowns and Materials
- Retreat Welcome & Faculty Friending: Speed Networking
- What Personality Type Are You: Champion, Advocate, Messenger, or Hesitator?
- Best Practices in the Classroom
- Best Practices Beyond the Classroom
- Integrating Student Voting and Campus Civic Engagement Work Into Tenure and Promotion
- Managing Faculty Capacity and Burnout
- Creating FacNet Mission, Vision, and Goals
Read our newsletters:
- April 28, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- March 31, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- November 12, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- October 22, 2020
- October 19, 2020
- National Voter Education Week Issue 5, Oct. 9
- National Voter Education Week Issue 4, Oct. 8
- National Voter Education Week Issue 3, Oct. 7
- National Voter Education Week Issue 2, Oct. 6
- National Voter Education Week Issue 1, Oct. 5
- September 29, 2020
- September 22, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- August 5, 2020
- July 22, 2020
Watch our webinars:
- October 22: “Confronting Challenges to Student Voting” with Gideon Epstein of the Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights and Law and Sean Morales-Doyle of the Brennan Center for Justice
- October 7: “A Role for Everyone: Multidisciplinary Faculty Engagement in Election 2020” with Nancy Thomas of the Institute for Democracy and Higher Education.
- October 1: “Science is Rising: STEM and Election 2020” with Melissa Varga and Raena Garcia of the Union of Concerned Scientists.
- September 24: “Faculty Organizing in the Digital Age” with Dan Xie of Student PIRGs and Allison Rank of SUNY Oswego
- September 3: “Faculty Network, Back-to-School Kickoff” led by Steering Committee
- August 13 : “Student Voting Rights and the 26th Amendment” with Yael Bromberg
Connect with us: